Panda, Penguin, Link Building, Penalties and more…

I have been involved in a number of seminars/conferences over the past couple of months, mainly discussing Google’s recent algorithm changes and link building strategy in light of events.

Below are my slides from BrightonSEO, where I spent 3 – 4 hours with a group of 40 discussing the above and working through common issues many in house and agency SEOs are facing:

I’ll be putting together some blog posts going through this in quite a bit of detail in the coming weeks.

Give me a shout if you have any specifics and I’ll make the posts priority.

Bram September 24, 2012 at 2:48 am

That’s a really fine presentation you gave there, good work!

Fedobe October 5, 2012 at 3:27 am

Hi Tim, Thanks for this valuable post. This advanced link building strategy slide will definitely help me to increase traffic and business towards my business.

Tom Brother October 12, 2012 at 8:35 am

I missed the BrightonSEO conference, unfortunately, but thank you for putting up the slides! I went to the Manchester SASCON conference a few months ago which went down very well in the SEO world. Penguin and Panda were of great concern at the time and, well, they still are. It’s certainly changing what we do – I’ve started to focus on Guest Posts more than ever. Good quality ones, rather than the obvious SEO bait that many can be. “10 Ways To SEO” and all that. It will be interesting to see where we are this time next year.

Tim October 14, 2012 at 11:42 am

Didn’t get to SASCON unfortunately, Panda and Penguin have been the obvious highlights of the year, however I think Penguin issues are going to get a lot easier to sort in the near future ;)

Traffic Source November 22, 2012 at 12:29 pm

We’ll definitely be looking forward to the blog posts on advanced link building. Thanks!

Simon January 15, 2013 at 4:00 pm

Really interested in your slide entitled “Link Wheel with a Twist”…

I have a client who has some good national press links, e/g Mail, Guardian etc BUT some of them either have a really old cache date or are only indexed as opposed to being cached. This is quite surprising to me given the authority of these sites.

Do you think that building guest posts to these articles will help get them indexed better?

thanks.

Tim January 16, 2013 at 6:34 am

If you have anything you consider an authority link, I would be tempted to use these in all your mid level outreach efforts. It lends authority to link that has more chance of being trusted and looks natural.

Alex Z April 26, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Very good tips for link building strategies, Content marketing is one of my personal first choice for quality link building instead of traditional article submissions to directories