“Google seo“ what is it? What does it mean? Why is the word seo associated with google?
Quite simply every webmaster when they discuss search engine optimisation is really discussing google search engine optimisation, and why? It’s down to the fact that Google and it’s partners get almost 65% of all web traffic, so it seems a logical step to take in optimising to suit their guidelines.
Google seo simply means looking at the google rules and trying to make your pages adhere to them as strictly as possible. To do this you first have to know a little about Google and how it operates.
I said in a post recently that Google was more about off page seo than on page, meaning that google is more interested in how popular your site is rather than the keywords it finds on your site.
The real basics to google seo are simple:-
1) Get links from other indexed sites
2) The link quality and quantity is important
3) The link holds more weight if it is anchored
You will read about these things over and over again on this site as it is mega important and hey, “repetition is the Mother of skill”.
So let me expand a little on what google wants;
– You must get links to your site that are indexed on Google. There are various ways of doing this but a few of my favourites are 1) write quality link worthy content 2) publish articles 3) issue press releases 4) use blog carnivals 5) submit to directories 6) ask for them! Ok more than a few but hey the more the better.
– Quality and quantity. First of all there are 3 elements to quality, the link must be from a relevant site or more specifically web page. Relevance is based on the keyword theme of the page linking. The keyword theme is in the URL, title tag and content. The link should also be from a page with the highest PageRank possible and finally should also include anchor text which we will touch on in a little.
As far a quantity is concerned you simply have to get as many quality links as possible linking back to your site. If you want to stand out in a competitive niche, aim for between 15 – 30 thousand, that’s right 15000 – 30000. This will take time but keep at it.
– Anchor test is probably the most important part of google seo and is so simple to implement. Simply link back to your site using your keyword phrases. A tip with this is to use as many variations of your keyword as possible. If you use the same keyword all the time it will be deemed as spam, two words “john and chow”. If you have no idea what I am talking about John was a guy who got slapped by google for anchoring thousands of text links with “make money online“. Use as many variations as possible. I aim for 100+
Aside from all this you simply cannot forget about on page optimisation as Google still takes this into account but the above is more well known as google seo.Line Break
Author: Tim (255 Articles)
Tim Grice is the owner and editor of SEO wizz and has been involved in the search engine marketing industry for over 9 years. He has worked with multiple businesses across many verticals, creating and implementing search marketing strategies for companies in the UK, US and across Europe. Tim is also the Director of Search at Branded3, a Digital Marketing & SEO Agency based in the UK.