When you are thinking about internet marketing consultants what springs to mind first of all? PPC advertising, seo work, search mareketing, email marketing, linking strategies?
The truth is they all should be part of an internet marketing consultants tool box. The difference between an seo consultant and an internet marketing consultant is that an internet marketing consultant needs to know about the needs of your business, they will need to understand your long term goals and will market you site in multiple ways other than just optimising it for the search spiders.
A good internet marketing consultant in my view should do the following as minimum:-
- They should look first of all the research possible keywords of your site. They should look at competitors and market trends. They should make a list of around 100 possible keywords for you to target.
- Once keywords are in place they should ensure your web pages are fully optimised towards these keywords, they should look at things such as, title tags, meta tags, body content and structure. They should also take in to account any alt tags along with css on your page to ensure everything is structured for excellent optimisation.
- Once your pages are optimised a link building strategy should be put in place and each clients list buildig strategy should differ due to competition, keywords, niche, competition and geography.
- Once this is agreed and in place and if the business is new a PPC program should be looked at to get maximum exposure. I prefer to use adwords as I find it more profitable but other avenues could be explored. A well managed PPC program could reap massive reward.
- A good internet marketing consultant should also discuss, affiliate marketing, email marketing and article marketing all aimed at increasing the visibility of your online business.
Any internet marketing should be ethical as trying to manipulate the search engines will have a serious impact on the long term profitability of your site.
These are just a few of the basics I would want from any internet marketing consultants and I definitley provide all my clients with the above aspects and more.Line Break
Author: Tim (292 Articles)
Tim Grice is the owner and editor of SEO wizz and has been involved in the search engine marketing industry for over 7 years. He has worked with multiple businesses across many verticals, creating and implementing search marketing strategies for companies in the UK, US and across Europe. Tim is also the Head of Search at Branded3, an SEO agency in Leeds.